Crest Homes can perform Under Chassis Maintenance service which begins with a complete inspection of the under chassis of your park home. Being so close to the ground, the under chassis is open to the elements as well as any build up of snow, mud or potential flooding. Being made of steel, without adequate protection, the steel frame can corrode and rust, making it brittle and prone to cracking or buckling under the weight of the Park Home and it’s contents.
Early signs of damage could include squeaky or uneven floors. More serious symptoms include floor movement, dampness leading to heat loss. The most severe cases could lead to the roof cracking or the park home floor subsiding.
Crest Homes can perform under chassis service for your park home, beginning with a complete inspection of the under chassis of your park home. We can then, provide a full service to re-strengthen and condition the chassis and provide underfloor insulation as standard with a guarantee of our work for 15 years.
The process includes:
- Replacing rotten timbers where necessary, treating and re-strengthening the wooden supports
- Replace old support jacks with new corrosion resistant jacks
- Replacement of floorboards where necessary
- Provide under-floor insulation using the latest insulation as standard.
- The insulation layers helps to reflect radiant heat back into the Park Home, helping to keep it warmer in winter & cooler in the summer
- Clean and treat the steel chassis to prevent corrosion